Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Laptop Battery Life - We have all been into situations where we are short of battery back up on our laptops, tablets & smart phones, and it bothers when we need them the most.
How to Maximise the Battery Life of your laptop, tablet & smart phones? – a few habits developed can take you a long way……
1. Don’t keep laptops, tablets or mobile phones plugged even after being fully charged or keep using it in a plugged state. The battery life is directly linked to charge discharge cycles.
2. Don’t charge the laptop, tablets or mobile phones for small battery charges, say from 80% to make it 100%.
3. Don’t use unbranded and uncertified power adaptors.
4. Don’t use screen saver.
5. Don’t use multiple tabs of 10’s while browsing since it chokes up the Memory (RAM) that demands more power draining the battery.
1. First of the things to do, is to choose the right profile to the power saving mode. And further you can customize your settings too. This action corrects a good amount of functions from consuming power when its not needed like reducing display brightness as required, shutting down the display, hibernating quickly when not used, USB power settings, processor power settings and few others too.
2. Keep your WiFi on off mode when not using WiFi to connect. Now all laptops, tablets and smartphones have a short cut switch making it easy to switch off.
3. Keep your Bluetooth off when you are not using it to connect. Now all laptops, tablets and smartphones have a short cut switch making it easy to switch off.
4. Avoid placing the device in hot environments; some of us leave the mobile in the car dash exposing the device to direct sunlight and heat. During summer it not only affects the battery life but also can damage the display on the LCD display models.
5. Use until the maximum charge power is utilized say until 5% or if possible let it drain to shut down.
6. Shut down applications that are running in the background and not in use.
7. Defragment your hard drive once every 3 months and improve seek time and power usage.
TIP- Did you know you can upgrade your existing laptop hard disk to SSD, not only that the SSD consumes very minimal power since it does not have movable parts like motor and spindles but also is quicker by leaps and bounds.
You can reach our laptop service center in Adyar, Chennai at +91 95855 99871 or eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do free pick up and delivery for laptop repair & service in Chennai.
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Hard Drive shows up early warning signs before the drive actually fails. For all of us, the data is more important than the laptop or desktop itself. We could act well in advance if we notice,
1. Why is my laptop taking a long time to boot up?
2. Why does my laptop hang or freeze frequently?
3. Laptop stops working and I need to restart with power button / switch to start working again.
4. I hear a click sound from my laptop when I start my laptop or try to open any file.
First thing to do is, get the complete data backed up immediately and then take your laptop to the experts. You can reach our laptop service center in Adyar, Chennai at +91 95855 99871 or eMail to email@example.com. We do free pick up and delivery for laptop repair & service in Adyar, Besant Nagar, IIT Chennai, RA Puram, Thiruvanmiyur, Tharamani, OMR, ECR, Velachery, Mandaveli, Alwarpet, Kotturpuram, Guindy and Velachery.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015